Monday, August 31, 2015

Day 17 Steroid Withdrawal

This withdrawal period is relentless. Every time there is a little glimpse of things improving it seems to flare right up again and is worse than before.

Yesterday the swelling had gone down a lot and my skin was just very very dry so I exfoliated in the morning shower and applied a ton of cream. My skin must of been more sensitive than i realised as it became so painful and raw as the day progressed and the flashes of nerve pain continued all day. I have also been freezing cold and rugged up all day even though it's very warm, I just cant seem to warm up at all. I am beyond tired even though I am getting enough sleep at night and eating really well so it must be another side affect of this whole process.

Today I decided that I would no longer exfoliate at all but just use a soft face washer to wash in the shower and help my skin heal itself and produce natural oils a little more. I got dressed and put on a top I thought would be ok (dust free) but no it reacted within minutes and I was tearing my skin apart in so much pain. Dust on clothes is the absolute worst. So now my skin is feeling very raw and red and fiery. I am just trying to have a quiet home day and sit and play with the kids and rest as much as I can.

There is so much that I want to do - with my business, home, family and friends but I just feel like I need to lay low and tackle this and get as much rest and sleep at night as possible.

I am still eating really well and drinking bone broth each day, eating sauerkraut, carrots and kefir and hoping that my gut is slowly healing itself.

This was my skin this morning -

No comments:

Post a Comment