Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Day 4 steroid withdrawal

Today has not been a good day. My skin started to flare up badly last night and weep around my neck and ears. I went to bed with ice packs on and woke up today with very swollen eyes and my skin has continued to get more inflamed and itchy throughout the day. My face and neck feels like it's on fire.
Today I have been at home all day with my three children. The biggest challenge is being a great mum to them when I am feeling like this. I feel so impatient and in pain and just need space as my skin is so painful but with three little ones getting space is never an option. My darling little bubba just wants to snuggle in and nurse and stroke my chest which hurts so much. I have found that my milk is drying up the past two days as well. It's come out of no where as I had a great supply and was breastfeeding her really well. It's just dropped off very suddenly and I am sure it must be to do with the steroids and how I am feeling at the moment.

I made this video in the morning, my skin was not very red but very painful and dry.
By the afternoon my skin was far more inflamed as you can see in the images below.








1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your pictures. As awful and painful as they are to look at, it gives me comfort to know I'm not the only one going through this!

    ReplyDelete