Thursday, August 20, 2015

Day 5 of steroid withdrawal

Today was another crazy day. I'm not quite sure what I'm in for each day so just taking it a day at a time. Woke up about 2am last night and my eyes were swollen almost completely shut. By 4am my skin was so painful and dry that I ran a bath with apple cider vinegar and olive oil and laid in that for an hour until the kiddies got up. 
I ventured to the shops in the afternoon as I really needed some time out of the house. I was all covered up in a big scarf, long loose clothes and sunnies but I still get so anxious about what people think that I was very happy to get home again. 
My skin seems pretty much the same today and it worse than yesterday. I'm praying for the day soon that the healing starts to show and the fiery skin subsides.

Symptoms today- 
Very swollen eyes when I woke up
Puffy body, especially hands. Needed to remove rings due to swelling
Severe dryness and itchiness 
Rash developed all over my stomach and back and legs
Flashes of nerve pain through my body all day 
Cracked eye lid creases 
Liquid sitting beneath my skin and weeping if bumped or scratched 
Hot fiery face and neck
Freezing cold spells throughout the day even though it was warm


No comments:

Post a Comment