Monday, August 24, 2015

Day 10 of steroid withdrawal

Today things are definitely improving which is so encouraging to see. The swelling has gone down and not the dryness of my skin has increased dramatically.
My arms and hands are the most painful and dry which makes many household tasks painful as I am always having to get my hands wet to wash up, wash the kids and and clean up.
The back of my knees is very red and inflamed and there is a rash all over my stomach and legs but that has subsided a little since yesterday.

I went for a walk along the beach today to get some sunshine which always seems to help with the itchiness. When it's a little warmer I might find a nice quiet spot and brave a swim in the ocean as the sea water, even though it is so painful and stings like crazy, always seems to reduce the inflammation and improve things.

My goals for this summer are to wear clothing that doesn't have to cover my whole body and to be able to exercise again! I love running and going to the gym but the sweat aggravates my skin so badly it's been years since I have done either.

I feel really confident that I'm onto something that is going to work and if I can see small improvements each day it gives me hope that i'll get there soon enough.

I am eating really well so that I can heal my gut and speed up the process of healing my skin. I'm eating a full organic fruit, veg and meat diet and am not eating any wheat, dairy, sugar or grains. Sounds like there would be nothing left to eat but i've been so surprised by the variety of foods I have been able to make. I never thought I would be drinking bone broth every day that's for sure!

Here are some pics of my skin today -




No comments:

Post a Comment