Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Day 19 steroid withdrawal

Today has been one of the more painful days. My skin has stopped flaking but is now extremely red and feels like I have been severely sunburnt. It feels very hot and is the most severe on my wrists and neck.
I also noticed today that my hair is falling out around my forehead hairline area and my eyebrows are thinning. My hair is limp and has so much oil in it from the creams I have been using that I can't wear it out at all.

I still can't believe that all I have done is stop the steroid creams and this has been the rebound reaction that immediately occurred the day after I stopped using them. I feel so frustrated that I have been taking and using steroids for so long because now I feel totally broken as if my body is falling apart slowly.

Symptoms today -
  • Extreme tiredness 
  • Cannot get warm no matter how many layers I'm in or sitting in the full sun 
  • Red raw skin 
  • Only my soles and palms are unaffected by the red hot rash 
  • My hair and eyebrows are thinning 
  • My lymph nodes in my groin are large and swollen 
  • I get flashes of pain through my body which I have read is nerve pain 
  • My body won't retain moisturiser and I need to keep applying it every few hours so I can move my arms / leg / neck without the skin cracking 
  • I feel very emotional and mentally weak 

My prayer more than anything is for a swift withdrawal stage as I have no idea how I am going to do this for months and months and look after my kids, husband and home and have any kind of life.

One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment