Sunday, September 13, 2015

Day 31 of steroid withdrawal. One month milestone!

So I have made it to the one month mark of this horrible journey. Last week I felt that things were improving, my face went down and my legs were great. In the last three days however my skin has flared again with a vengeance and it's been so painful. My face is swollen and my skin is like leather. It's so incredibly tight and my skin is cracking and just weeping because there is no elasticity at all in my skin - especially my hands and neck. 
I have gone out a handful of times and regretted it very soon after. My skin reacts badly to being out and seems to dry out and crack faster than when I'm inside at home. 
My whole body feels hot and wet all over but is also dry and cracked. It's the most disgusting feeling and I just can't escape it. My hands have been the worst and the skin feels so incredibly thin and fragile. 
Every time I put on cream now of any kind it burns and actually has the reverse affect and makes my skin drier. 

I'm feeling like I'm going nowhere with all this right now. Feels like there is no improvement or cycle in play that I can see to guage where I'm at. 

I went to the doctor last week and she has no idea what to do but told me to just take Panadol and use sorbolene cream! She also said she could just give me more steroids if I wanted as she didn't think people could have bad reactions to them after prolonged use but thought maybe it was possible. 

I'm now on the hunt for a good naturopath to help with my diet and internal healing. 

A new week is here and I pray more than anything it brings with it some relief. A beautiful friend bought me a voucher to a  Himalayan salt spa that is meant to be amazing for skin conditions so I'll be trying that out soon. 

I'm trying to stay positive and get on with my days but I'm just feeling very defeated, flat and emotional at the moment. I know one day it will improve but right now it's certainly no easy journey. Ori has been amazing, no idea how I would do this without him and his constant encouragement and silly jokes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment